Tuesday, November 27, 2007

9 months later..........


9  Months Later...

Jack  decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. So  they   loaded  up Jack's mini van and headed north. After driving for a few hours, they  got caught in a terrible blizzard.  So they pulled into a nearby  farm and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if they could  spend the night.

"I realize it's terrible weather out there  and I have this huge house all  to  myself, but I'm recently widowed," she explained. "I'm afraid  the   neighbors  will talk if I let   you  stay in my house."

"Don't worry," Jack  said.   "We'll  be happy to sleep   in  the barn. And if the weather breaks, we'll  be  gone at first light."  The  lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the  barn   and  settled in for the night.  Come  morning, the    weather had cleared,  and  they got on their way. They enjoyed a great weekend  of  skiing.

But  exactly nine months   later,  Jack got an  unexpected  letter from an attorney. It took him a few  minutes   to  figure it out,   but  he finally determined that it was from the attorney  of  that  attractive widow he   had  met on the ski weekend.

He  dropped in on his friend Bob   and  asked,   "Bob,  do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on  our ski holiday up north about 9 months ago ?"

"Yes,  I do." said     Bob  

"Did  you, er, happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house  and see her ?"

"Well,  um, yes !," Bob said, a little embarrassed about being found out,    "I have to admit that   I   did."

"And  did you happen to give her my name  instead  of telling her your    name?"



Bob's  face turned beetroot red and he said, "Yeah, look, I'm sorry, buddy.    I'm afraid I did." "Why do you ask?"


"She  just died and left me everything."  


And  you thought the ending would  be  different,  didn't you?...   I know for sure you  smiled...now keep  that smile for the   rest  of the day!

Keep Smiling,,, 


 

No comments: